Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pretties

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

Stars: 5 out of 5
Genre: Fantasy
Age group: 11 and up

As I said before in my review of Uglies, I ran out and got Pretties as soon as I finished Uglies. I'm really glad I got it soon.

I really don't like to read series or sagas because that requires commitment. However, if a book is really good, I would need to read the sequel. I felt that way about Uglies: it was awesome and I couldn't just stop there.

Pretties was as good as Uglies. It was impossible to put down and impossible to forget. I've liked Uglies and Pretties so much that I noticed Westerfeld's writing style. Westerfeld wrote his books so that there isn't a sappy happily ever after but a huge question mark. I really like that; it makes the reader want to buy the next book immediately to find out what happens next. I haven't been so interested in a series since the Twilight Saga.

Can't wait to read Specials, Westerfeld!

0 comments: