Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games
Stars: 3 out of 5
Genre: fantasy
Age group: 15 and up

The Hunger Games
are games where 24 kids actually fight and kill until only one is left. Katniss is in the games this year and must fight and win which means killing Peeta, her only friend at the games or just die.

I read this book because Stephenie Meyer recommended it. Now that I finished reading it, I'm starting to realize that she and I have different tastes. The Hunger Games wasn't my favorite book in the world but it was okay. I felt that the pin on the cover should have meant more in the story. The pin should have saved Katniss or something.


What I really liked about this book was Katniss' brains. She solves everything out, like how to get gifts from Haymitch. It's nice to have a narrator who can explain everything the way it is.

0 comments: