Friday, October 10, 2008

Peeps

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
Stars: 3.5 out of 5
Genre: Fantasy
Age group: 15 and up

Wow, this is my 5th Westerfeld book in a row! Go Westerfeld! Anyway, Peeps is about a vampire parasite looking for his formal girlfriends which are all infected because of him.

What I really like about Peeps is that the even number chapters are about real, gross parasites. That makes me learn a lot about our microscopic "friends" and now, I am officially a vegetarian. Another thing about Peeps: the parasites mentioned in this book makes an infected person act like a vampire. Getting the parasite is from saliva and that is really original. I live for originality and so far, that's the most creative way to become a vampire.

The vampires-excuse me- parasite positives (a.k.a peeps) are very original. That makes the reader interested in the story because you are reading about a topic you don't know about. It is very interesting to see how disgusting little worms can be turned into a brand new story.

Westerfeld, you are the master at writing fantasy! Take that from someone who has read 5 of your books and wrote reviews for all of them in a row!

0 comments: